Source: https://www.nbcmiami.com

At least four people were hospitalized while an apartment building in Florida was fully evacuated by the Fire Department after strong levels of carbon monoxide was detected, following deep-frying activity prior to the Thanksgiving Day.

According to reports, four victims were sent to the hospital last November 23, Thursday, after waking up feeling sick due to fumes that scattered around the building. Meanwhile, three others already received a treatment, which sidelined them from being hospitalized.

The authorities confirmed that the high levels of carbon monoxide (CO) came from a gas tank, which was used to deep fry ‘tamales’. The regulations provided that portable tanks should not be used indoors as it may put residents to riskier situations.

Carbon monoxide can cause sickness like headache, fatigue, and nausea, and can even kill people if exposed to higher levels. The fumes came from the fryer used on Wednesday, in preparation for the upcoming holidays.

The whole apartment building was evacuated for over two hours to prevent further casualties and people were advised to grill only outdoors.


Lopez, B. (2017, November 23). Several Hospitalized After Using Deep Fryer Indoors, Retrieved from https://www.nbcmiami.com

The appliances we are using in our houses give us so much relief. But at some points, when necessary precautions are not applied, they can do the damage to our lives and to the important assets of our homes.

Fuel-burning appliances like stoves, heaters, and gas tanks contain dangerous, invisible, odorless gases that are threat to human lives. Since they do not have color and odor, we do not have any idea about their presence in our home. Worse is they can result to fire incident resulting to death and property loss.

This is why homeowners, and even landlords of apartment buildings, should consider investing on fire alarm systems which surely can save plenty of lives in times of unexpected emergencies. Fire alarms normally consist of detectors, which has the ability to identify the presence of smoke and other gases, among which is carbon monoxide.

larm Masters Corp, a security company based in Miami, Florida, caters complete and functional fire detection and prevention using its fire alarm system crafted based in world-class measure and NFPA standards.

The company’s fire alarm products consist of detectors responsible in identifying potential causes of fire. This is very useful in buildings such as apartment where people are prone to such incidents.

We believed that smoke detection play an important role in Life Safety as it consist of protective measures including automatic shutdown and may even transmit signal to the fire department. It is often paired with alarm device that normally goes off to give alert to occupants regarding possible fire.

Introducing the latest technology, Alarm Masters Corp offers voice evacuation life safety system for more effective transmission of message to the occupants. Using this device, homeowners can achieve ultimate survivability through distributed intelligence and full integrated alarm panels.

To take good care of the installed system, we conduct fire preventive maintenance to check the condition of the devices from time to time and make sure they remain over the top and highly efficient.

As of the moment, we only provide services to the counties of Martin, Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Charlotte, Glades, Lee, Hendry, and Collier. To check if your location is covered, please click here. For inquiries and other concerns, kindly give us a call or see our contact details to reach out to us.